Today's installment of Deborah Fuller's Eco-Labels and Certifications series focuses on Carpet Certifications.
Greenstaris an independent not-for-profit organization.Its purpose is to achieve a cleaner, healthier and sustainable world through the identification and promotion of products that are produced and used in an environmentally sound manner.The health, cleanliness and sustainability of the environment can be improved through focus in the following areas:
- Protect human health
- Eliminate use of known or suspected carcinogens
- Eliminate use of known or suspected toxins
- Protect existing ecosystems
- Minimize Ozone Depletion
- Minimize Global Warming (Restrict the use of human introduced atmospheric carbon dioxide)
- Eliminate production and use of products that create toxic pollution and damage or modify ecosystems
- Conserve resources
- Eliminate, wherever possible, the use of non-renewable resources, especially fossil based fuels and materials
- Encourage efficient use of renewable resources, including natural materials/ingredients
- Facilitate reduction, reuse and recycling of industrial, commercial and consumer waste
Contributes to: USGBC –LEED credits ID 1.1-1.4, EBc4.3-3.6 Cleaning Products, EBc 3.9-Pest Management
non profit organization
Green Shield Certification - Pest Control
Green Shield CertifiedSM–sustainable pest control products. Green Shield means smarter, more effective pest control without unnecessary pesticide use. Certified professionals attempt to solve the underlying cause of pest problems, providing lasting pest control buildings and other facilities.
Green Shield Certified is an independent, non-profit certification program that promotes practitioners of effective, prevention-based pest control while minimizing the use of pesticides.
Contributes to: USGBC –LEED credits ID 1.1-1.4, EBcI 3.9-Pest Mgmt
non profit organization
GreenGuard Certification–VOC levels Green Housekeeping Products
GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®Product certification program for housekeeping cleaning products. All GREENGUARD Certified Products have been tested for their chemical emissions performance and can be found in the GREENGUARD Online Product Guide.
Contributes to: USGBC –LEED credits ID 1.1-1.4, EBc4.3-3.6 Cleaning Products
for profit organization
Check back soon for our next installment: Textile Certifications