New green cuisine refers to a current environmentally-focused food movement. New green cuisine encompasses many food concepts, drawing on principles of organic, local, artisanal, environmentally sound, and slow food. The movement focuses on seasonal, healthy choices for consumers that come from sustainable small farms and have as little environmental impact as possible.
The benefits of eating a well-balanced, healthy diet are endless. People who have improved their diets have reported improvements in: Mood, Energy Levels, Skin, Sleep, Pain, Digestion, Menstruation, Memory and Allergies. There is no one size fits all when it comes to nutrition.
So Let us help you Green-Up your Cuisine !!!
- Start a conversation about healthy food with your family, friends or at work, not only by nutritional quality, but how and where it is raised, grown, processed and distributed.
- Create a food system which is ecologically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible.
- Set goals to increase the purchase of locally- seasonal produced and fresh produce;
- Explore Farmer’s Markets near you; http://apps.ams.usda.gov/FarmersMarkets/
- Shop early for the best selection – between 6 and 7 am
- Buy more certified organic food products, or buy from producers who have reduced synthetic pesticide use;
- Purchase foods that provide fair prices and living wages to the people who produce them;
- Buy milk produced without the use of synthetic hormones, like recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH, also referred to as rBST);
- Buy coffee certified as Fair Trade;
- Become a fast-food free zone and limit the use of vending machines and;
- Add more Seafood to your menu
For more information and tips on eating green please visit these websites;
Green Recipes; http://www.organicannie.com/Green_Cusine.pdf
Healthy Food in Healthcare; http://www.noharm.org/details.cfm?ID=1133&type=document
50 ways to eat green; http://www.thebetterfish.com/uploads/CV/_S/CV_S9fOfdCleTCfEX5O1AA/Bon-Appetit_Eat-Green_Australis-Barramundi.pdf