For those of you not on the USGBC's mailing list - check it out: Strategic Plan 2009-2013. This five-year plan (only 20 pages, so a quick read), outlines strategic goals and objectives as well as implementation strategies.
- "Catalyze and lead the building sector's active participation in th emovement to achieve sustainable cities and communities."
- "Lead the dramatic reduction and eventual elimination of building construction and operations' contribution to climate change and natural resource depletion."
- "Accelerate green building demand, delivery, and accessiblity."
- "Advocate for effective and comprehensive green building policy and codes at all levels of government."
- "Advance green building around the world by developing certification capacity, sharing knowledge, and collaboratively advancing regionally appropriate and effective green building practices and policies."
- "Leverage USGBC's organizational structure and capacity to support and catalyze the market transformation required to achieve its mission."