- 41% less energy consumed than a conventional hotel.
- 100 solar panels on the roof that heats water for the hotel.
- Highly efficient plumbing fixtures that reduce water consumption.
- Green roof on top of the Print Works Bistro.
- Low-emitting VOC paints, carpeting, and other building materials.Building materials with recycled content, refurbished wood, and other restored materials.
- Elevators that, when operating, send energy back into the building's grid.
The next time you are traveling in, through, or around North Carolina, check out the Proximity Hotel and Print Works Bistro. Not only is the Proximity helping to set the standard across North America for hotels and restaurants that are a destination in and of themselves, but it also is a showcase of luxury accomodations and eateries that use the newest technologies and best green practices without losing any of the luxury. The Proximity certainly has a handle on its own triple bottom line.