So you have your reusable bags (probably many of them)...but do you actually remember to take it with you? If you're anything like me, you have the best intentions of using them, but frequently forget to take them with you. Here are a couple of tips to help you remember, whether you're running errands on your lunch break or doing your weekly grocery shopping:
- Store them where you'll be likely to see them (in the driver's seat pocket of your car, under your desk, in your briefcase or handbag, hanging on the doorknob)
- Put something you need in them (coupons, shopping list, keys)
- Attach a small compactable bag to your keychain
- Attach your saver or club cards to the bag
- Add a note on your shopping/"to do" list
- Ask someone (kids, spouse, friend, coworker) to remind you
Don't forget to use your bags at all stores, not just the grocery store. They may look at you a little oddly in the mall, but it's worth it!