- 3 in 4 Americans resolved to be greener this year
- 70% of women think pollution and global warming are bigger threats than terrorism (56% of men agree)
- 24% of women have read or watched An Inconvenient Truth (64% of those became more eco-active as a result)
- 70% of women have eco-guilt (feel bad about harming the planet)
- 25% of women dry their sheets on a clothesline (87% of those also hang out their undies to dry)
- Using a clothesline saves 1,079 kWh per year (about $85 at current prices)
- 17% of women say they were eco-activists before Leonardo DiCaprio was
Many apologies to all the folks who stopped by my desk to see the pretty ladies in the magazine – it’s going home today!