We may never reach the promised land of the fully “paperless” office, but technology and smart thinking can certainly help dramatically reduce its use – and the amount of real estate it occupies.
Here are some specific strategies for reducing your “paper footprint” I've seen recently.
- Develop an electronic document management system in lieu of paper files
- Send/receive faxes directly to the computer
- Mark up documents digitally
- Use virtual conference room technology instead of hard copy hand outs
- Scan and email documents rather than sending hard copies
Any other good ideas out there?