Many companies have the tradition of giving holiday gifts to their clients and/or employees. A lot of this ends up being food…and most of it unhealthy. Here are some ideas for more sustainable gifts – better for the environment and the belly, too.
- Charitable donations in honor of the gift recipient
- Locally grown produce or other locally made products
- Things that people can use either at the office or at home: canvas shopping bags, reusable drink containers, compact fluorescent lightbulbs
- Green energy donations – buy wind power offsets for a week, a month, or even a year
- Gifts that require no packaging
Also check out these websites for ideas for both corporate and personal gift-giving ideas: